Monday, August 26, 2013

New Foods + Toddler = A yes yes or no no?

 What I did to get my toddler to take interest in other foods besides cereal.

Easy. I sat her down, looked her in her eyes and said…”you will eat what I cook.” And she replied, “yes mommy.” –Wait, I wish it was that easy and simple. Wouldn’t all our lives be easier?!?!?!?!

Trying to get her to eat real food other than cereal…that was and still is a complicated task, but she’s coming around….slowly. Now she loves breakfast foods such as pancakes, waffles, French toast and of course, fruit, but that’s plain (& very yummy) and doesn’t always have the nutritional value that I would like.

Pinterest was a life saver, besides the fact of it being very addictive! I found so many kid friendly recipes and ways to make breakfast and include veggies! I even started experimenting on my own and created some yummy zucchini carrot strawberry pancakes! (Don’t worry, I’ll post the recipe soon J )

But how I really got her to start trying new foods was to let her taste different foods off of my plate. I laughed when I realized that she’s more likely to experiment on my plate than hers with the EXACT same items! Huh??? Who knew?!?!?!?!

So now, every time I’m eating, she comes up to me and eyes my plate, then asks “what’s that?” I respond and if it sounds appealing enough to her, she asks for some.

Ohhh…how I long for the day when anything can be cooked and she’ll eat it.


What special techniques did you use to introduce new foods to your child?? 

(All suggestions are welcomed as I’ve just begun this long, long journey)

No comments:

Post a Comment