Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Crying Over Spilled Milk! ---No, Really!!!




Now, all mothers who have used the breast pump before, you can relate and know what I mean when I say “crying over spilled milk”. No, I’m not talking about the popular saying, but the real action of crying, waterworks, red eyes…etc. And this picture I found on Instagram is such a TRUE STATEMENT!!!!

So I’m in my prime nursing days since giving birth only a little over a week ago. With my first child, whenever I pumped, I produced a lot of milk! Even so that in the first 5 minutes of doing so, I filled the containers. When the containers are full, if you are still expressing milk, it starts spilling out. So you could imagine how much attention I gave to my sessions.

There was this one time when I was pumping, I noticed my storage containers were getting full so I looked around for some more to use. When I found two more, I turned off the pump and quickly replaced the full containers with empty ones, placing the full ones near my pump. As I turned around to quickly begin pumping again, I knocked over both of the full milk containers. Yes, I started pumping again, but boy did I cry! It was devastating at the moment even though some may say it wasn’t a big deal, but it was to me!!! My husband had to calm me down and eventually I was fine even though I got so stressed out in a matter of minutes!


My advice would be to make sure you have everything in reach when you have your pumping sessions to prevent any accidents from occurring!!!

                                              Love,
                                                A mother who has spilled milk

No comments:

Post a Comment