Monday, August 19, 2013

Never Underestimate the Power of a SAHM

Being a SAHM is an incredible job that is fulfilled with rewards. This is like a full time plus a part time job --- no kidding. I mean of course there are times when I’m not as busy, but I am always occupied! :-)

First of all, just because I’m a SAHM does not mean I sit around all day eating bon-bons and watching my shows; while this seems nice, it’s actually far, FAR FAR from reality. Not only am I taking care of the kids: which includes playing with them, entertaining them, feeding and bathing, not to mention one who is potty training, but there are other tasks that have to be done around the house. Cooking meals, washing dishes, laundry, picking up toys, cleaning bathroom, mopping and sweeping…etc.

I can’t even explain to you how fulfilling it is to be with your children and actually be able to watch them grow before your eyes. I wasn’t always a SAHM, I worked 2 months as a temporary receptionist five months after my first daughter was born and while it was nice to work, I couldn’t stand it! My baby was still young and trying to keep the milk supply was hard. Eventually I took a break again after the position ended, but found a full time job a couple of months later. I worked at this place for almost a year and again worried about my milk supply, which was struggling because I couldn’t create that same relaxing environment. I wanted to have my child on breast milk as long as possible.

Eventually I found out that I was expecting again and stopped working a couple of months before I was due. I spent that time focusing on my daughter, teaching her and simply spending time watching her grow because the months before were very hectic and I felt like I didn’t have control over what was going on. That was on top of me being upset that I saw her early in the morning and then again at dinner and bedtime. I just couldn’t do it anymore!

I love being a SAHM and I wouldn’t change my situation for anything in the world……..


Wait---------maybe once both of my daughters are in school, but I still wouldn’t want to spend long hours working in an office environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment