Monday, September 2, 2013

No Such Thing As Too Much Love

“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?” – Isaiah 49:15

Okay, I’ll admit it….I am addicted to kissing and hugging on my girls. No, it’s not a phase, but something that I will do forever. ---But you have to understand that its habit forming and quite frankly addicting!

When my toddler was an infant, I would do it every second if I wasn’t occupied with other tasks. Even if I was, I would take mini breaks, not letting any window of opportunity pass. I continued to do it and still do now. She loves the excessive hugs and kisses that I give her.

I remember hearing one of my in-laws tell my husband that he shouldn’t kiss the baby so much…. I thought what?!?!? That sounds stupid and you’re not going to tell him to deprive our baby of love… To be honest, it made me upset and made him want to show love so much more to our little ones. I can’t even imagine not constantly showing love to our children….


Maybe I should start a “mommy tradition” of lots of ‘mommy lovin’….but I’ve already started with the new addition on the day she was born and I can tell she loves it just as much as I do….

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I can so relate to this. I literally inhale my baby. So much love to express. I found your blog in Mom Bloggers Club. Following you now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tisha, I know, isn't it amazing when you think about how much compassion you have for baby?!? thanks for following :-) and have a wonderful day.

      Delete