Tuesday, September 10, 2013

There's More To Life Than Peanut Butter Sandwiches!

Well...my toddler doesn't think so!




Any time and every time I ask my daughter what she wants to eat she responds ‘peanut butter sandwich’. Now for an almost 2 year old toddler whose vocabulary is steadily expanding, that’s pretty good. But where this love of peanut butter came from, that I do not have the answer to! Some people say the foods
you crave when you’re expecting is usually what the child’s favorites become once they are able to eat solids. Maybe that’s just an old wives tale because I didn’t eat a lot of peanut butter when I was pregnant with her. Actually I honestly only remember eating it maybe once or twice, but no more than three times, so that can’t be it!

When I was younger, elementary school age, I loved peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but I was in school and would have that for lunch often. Now, I can’t really say that I enjoy them as much. I mean I don’t understand why my daughter does!! Honestly, if that’s all I gave her for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert, she would love it!




What in the world is it about peanut butter that could be so addicting to my toddler? Is it the color? The smell? The texture? I guess I will never understand, but I only hope that this is a phase, ending soon I only hope.

With her birthday coming in a couple of days, I asked my daughter what she wants for her birthday and do you know what she said? Peanut butter.

What is that favorite food that your toddler has to eat every day?



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is so adorable. Look at that peanut butter jar in her hand. Awwww! Laughed a lot reading this post. My 4 year old is actually a Nutella sandwich lover. Peanut butter not so much. Lol @ the bday present. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, my kids love Peanut Butter in a Spoon.

    ReplyDelete