Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Transitioning from a 9 – 5:30pm Parent to a SAHM

Ever since I was in high school I was a workaholic working from sun up to sun down, that was me. When I became pregnant with my first child, I was working from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm – and it came to a point where I couldn’t handle the long hours anymore. I worked with children, 2 & 3 year olds at a daycare and honestly, I saw the effects of having parents who dropped them off early in the morning only to return later on that afternoon to pick them up. I told myself that no matter what, that would not be me!

Even when I began to work again after my daughter was about 6 or 7 months, my days lasted forever. I couldn’t do the 9 – 5:30 pm days either! I simply had no time to spend with my daughter! It was annoying leaving her so early in the morning only to return to her when it was dinner then bedtime! The older she got, months passed by quickly and I realized that I was missing out on her growing and teaching her what I wanted her to know.

So here we are today, it being about five months since I became a full time mother and I absolutely love it!


A picture of pregnant me and Kay, taken in June, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment